An Exclusive Design-focused Weekend with Design Maestro in Bali
The award-winning tented camp, Capella Ubud, Bali, today unveiled an exclusive weekend with celebrated architect and hospitality designer Bill Bensley, who invites guests to accompany him on a kaleidoscope of activities perfect for art and design enthusiasts. Having created over 200 resorts, hotels and palaces in more than 30 countries, inclusive of Capella Ubud, Bali, Bensley is known for his eclectic flair and for challenging the way that hotels are built and operate, which in Capella Ubud, Bali’s case resulted in the conceptualization of the camp with minimal intervention to the natural environment as well as preserving the rich history and heritage of Indonesia.
Guests will be able to join Bill Bensley on a curated art tour through the camp grounds and Bali, participate in a sketch class, a morning run and two dinners, and will receive one personalized, signed copy of Bill Bensley’s coffee table book “Escapism,” and a drawing of the tent that guests will stay in during the weekend. The tent accommodations include high-end amenities and a relaxing 75-minutes Balinese massage.
This one-of-kind experience offers guests a truly unique way to experience Bali through the eyes of one of the world’s most iconic designers. Outlined below is a detailed list of the package offerings, combined with the amenities regularly offered at the property:
- A curated guided art tour through the camp and Bali by Bill Bensley
- A visit to Neka museum with a private guided tour to explore a large collection of Rudolf Bonnet’s works together with Bill Bensley who is an avid and passionate collector of Bonnet’s works followed by a picnic lunch will served en-route to the Bensley design Studio in Sanur
- A trip to Bill Bensley’s favorite antique stores on the island.
- A sketch class and a guided morning run with Bill Bensley
- One Rijsttafel dinner at Mads Lange and an Omakase dinner at Api Jiwa hosted by Bill Bensley
- One personalized, signed copy of Bill Bensley’s coffee table book “Escapism”
- One personalized, a signed drawing of the tent that will be yours during this weekend
- A 75-minutes Balinese massage per person
3% of percentage of the revenue that is generated by this weekend package will be donated to the Shinta Mani Foundation, an organization founded by Bill Bensley that seeks to improve the lives of Cambodians and Cambodian communities.
Capella Ubud, Bali also gives back to the local community by supporting ongoing corporate social responsibilities programs that create employment, preserve the local cultural heritage, procuring local food and beverage products, promoting education, sustainability and preserving the environment.
The package is valid for stays from November 1, 2019 – November 3, 2019 at the one-bedroom tents. Rates start from USD 1300 plus 11% tax and 10% service charge per tent, per night. In order for guests to enjoy all of the activities, they must arrive by 11:00 am on November 1, 2019. Reservations are subject to availability. Cancellation fees of 100% of room charge with taxes for the entire stay will apply immediately upon confirmation. Nonrefundable 100% full prepayment is required at the time of reservation and are non-cancellable not changeable.
For more information, reservations and to view the camp’s other packages, please visit www.capellaubud.com/offers