‘Phuket Sandbox’ – Entry Requirements and Where to Stay
From 1 July 2021 onwards, Phuket will reopen to international travellers again under the ‘Phuket Sandbox’ model, allowing fully-vaccinated foreign tourists to stay in Phuket at certified accommodations without having to quarantine. To warmly welcome tourists from aboard once again, a number of hotels and resorts in Phuket offers tempting promotions for guests’ best experiences on the paradise island.
The ‘Phuket Sandbox’ in a Nutshell
For a quarantine-free travel, tourists must strictly follow these requirements:
- Fly directly to Phuket from countries with a low to medium risk.
- Adults must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a vaccine registered with the MoPH or approved by the World Health Organisation (WHO) no less than 14 days before the travel date.
- Unvaccinated children under 6 years old must travel with vaccinated parents.
- Unvaccinated children between 6–18 years old travelling with fully vaccinated parents must be tested for COVID-19 upon arrival at their own expense.
- All traveller must obtain a Certificate of Entry (COE) available here.
- Tourists are required to install the ‘ThailandPlus’ application.
- Tourists are required to stay ONLY in an accommodation establishment certified with the Amazing Thailand Safety and Health Administration (SHA) Plus.
- Tourists will be required to do RT-PCR test before arrival and during the stay in Phuket following the guidelines by the MoPH.
- If travellers are staying less than 14 days in Phuket, they cannot visit other domestic destination – they can only leave the country for international destination.
- To visit other provinces in Thailand, travellers must complete staying in Phuket for 14 days or more before leaving the territory to elsewhere.
- Travellers can enjoy places in Phuket freely, but are advised to strictly follow the DMHTTA precautions: D – Distancing, M – Mask wearing, H – Handwashing, T – Temperature check, T – Testing for COVID-19, and A – alert application.
Please visit the Tourism Authority of Thailand’s page for more detailed information.
Attractive Offers at World-Class Stays in Phuket
Check out the latest attractive offers that are now available at Phuket’s world-class hotels and resorts:
The Slate Phuket
The Bill Bensley-designed, art-oriented beachfront resort has unveiled its ‘Summer Sandbox’ package, treating guests with a free 7th night when they book a six-night stay, as well as other appealing perks such as a guaranteed room upgrade for certain room types, welcome cocktails, roundtrip airport transfers, daily breakfast and 15% off all food, non-alcoholic beverages, spa treatments throughout the stay, and many more.
Validity: Valid for bookings and stays until 30 September 2021
Rates: Starting from THB 5,000 per room per night
Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket
The luxurious family-friendly resort on beautiful Karon Beach is now offering free nights – including ‘Stay 3 Pay 2’, ‘Stay 6 Pay 4’ and ‘Stay 9 Pay 6’ options – and get 100% of their room rate back in hotel credit to be redeemed for room upgrades, F&B, spa treatments and more.
Validity: Valid for bookings made from now until 31 August 2021, and stays taken by 23 December 2021
Rates: Starting from THB 2,800 per room per night
Book at: www.centarahotelsresorts.com
Four Points by Sheraton Phuket Patong Beach Resort
The Patong’s young resort offers a chance to experience the best of the place with ‘Phuket Summer Love’ promotion, which includes daily breakfast, one hour of free-flow drinks for two people every day at The Deck Beach Club, and more.
Validity: Valid for bookings and stays from now until 30 November 2021
Rates: Starting from THB 2,300++ per room per night
SAii Laguna Phuket
Situated on tranquil Bangtao Beach, the upscale resort welcome international guests with ‘Phuket SAii(Sand) Box’ exclusive offer, including daily breakfast for two guests, a 25% discount on F&B and laundry, and free stays and meals for up to two children (when sharing a room with an adult). Seven-night stays will also receive one three-course lunch or dinner for two, roundtrip airport transfers, early check-in and late check-out.
Validity: Valid for bookings from now until 23 December 2021, and for stays taken during 1 July – 23 December 2021
Rates: Starting from THB 2,999 per room per night
Angsana Laguna Phuket
Part of the province’s premier waterfront destination, the elegant resort lets you unwind in your own way with ‘Your Stay, Your Choice’ package, offering daily breakfast for up to six people (depending on the room type), THB 1,000 hotel credit per room, and a number of water activities including paddle boarding, canoeing, and sailing, for guests who book a two-night stay. The longer you stay, the more perks you’ll get!
Validity: Valid for bookings from now until 30 September 2021, and for stays taken by 24 December 2021
Rates: Starting from THB 2,700 per room per night
Book at: email@example.com
Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket
Also part of the Laguna Phuket, the majestic stay reopens with new holistic wellness concept, as well as special ‘Back to Paradise’ packages, offering additional free nights, daily breakfast, and daily THB 1,000 F&B credit. Besides, guests flying with participating airlines can earn up to 7,500 additional air miles.
Validity: Valid for bookings from 25 June until 30 September 2021, and for stays taken during 1 July until 30 September 2021
Rates: Starting from THB 12,800 per room per 3+1 nights
Book at: www.dusit.com/specialoffers