Phuket’s Heritage ‘Governor’s Mansion’ Welcomes Overnight Guests During Songkran (First Time in Decades!)
For the first time in decades, Phuket’s iconic heritage house, the 119-year-old ‘Governor’s Mansion’, will welcome guests to experience the one-off palatial stay during this Songkran Festival.
Situated in the heart on Phuket Old Town, the mansion was built by successful local businessman Pra Pitak Chinpracha, and has presently become the well-preserved architectural and cultural heritage of the province. Its second floor is turned into a stunning space by renowned Thai designer Saran Yen Panya in a way that pay homage to Thailand’s rich heritage with a touch of modernity, featuring a number of statement pieces by talented designers.
Not only a rare opportunity to revel in the original Sino-Portuguese baroque manor is offered, as guests will be hosted by famous Phuket-born model-actress Patricia Tanchanok Good, together with national ambassador for royal Thai cuisine and Blue Elephant founder, master chef Nooror Somany Steppe.
Guests will be immersed in a quintessentially Phuketian experience, including:
- A personal welcome at check-in by Thai superstar Patricia ‘Good’ Tanchanok, who will share her favourite hidden gems in Phuket and tips for exploring the island
- Exclusive access to a two-bedroom suite on the Mansion’s expansive second floor, including a private reception lounge and living room
- A bespoke, multi-course ‘Songkran’ tasting menu prepared and hosted by master Chef Nooror Somany Steppe
- A scuba diving and snorkeling adventure around the sparkling reefs and islands that dot the Andaman Sea
- A gibbon rehabilitation social impact experience in Phuket’s last rainforest, Khao Pra Taew Wildlife Sanctuary
A group of four lucky guests will get to soak up the vibrant festivities with an island getaway of a lifetime, only on Airbnb. The majestic Governor’s Mansion will be bookable on airbnb.com/governorsmansion for USD 50* (approx. THB 1,700) for a two-night stay from 15-17 April 2022. Bookings open at 8 AM ICT on 5 April 2022.
*Plus taxes and fees. This two-night stay is not a contest. Airbnb is closely monitoring Thailand infection rates and government policies and will offer booking guests a USD 1,000 Airbnb credit if it becomes necessary to cancel the stay.